Spring is in the air and that means it is time to begin hanging my laundry outside to dry again. Here are my favorite reasons for relying on my clothesline all spring, summer, and fall-long.
- Everything hung outside smells like fresh air and sunshine.
- Gets me (and often the boys with me) outside for more time.
- I get to enjoy early morning sounds like birds singing to start the day.
- More sustainable because it uses zero electricity.
- Saves me about 40 cents per load.
- Saves some wear and tear on my clothes because they don’t shed all that lint.
- Sheets hung to dry outside feel amazing to sleep on.
- Sunshine removes stains and odors from cloth diapers.
- Makes towels feel more absorbent.
- Socks are matched in the hanging process.
- Causes me to be more aware of the weather and when it will rain.
- Often gives me a chance to see my neighbor on her way to work and have a chat.
- Hanging clothes is a very relaxing chore for me.
- I quickly notice if the washing machine did not remove some dirt or stain.
- Hanging laundry reminds me of my grandmother.
What about you? Do you have a favorite reason for hanging laundry inside or outside?